Coming down to the wire. As of right now, I have four whole days to finish planning. Good thing I started my leave of absence so pretty much every moment of my waking life will be planning.
- I think technically, I can pack up what I have and go. But I would be scrambling a lot during the trip and do more worrying than enjoying it.
- I made very minor progress with accommodations as different things took my attention through the week and I got very tired when I got home.
- I made some progress with “at home” stuff, like stopping my mail and adjusting my annual rent hike while I’m out. I still have to pause whatever subscriptions I have and tell my credit card companies I’ll be traveling and all that jazz.
- I had been really lagging behind on my language work. There is this list of vocabulary that I made that I thought will be useful, but was not taught from the Pimsleur stuff I learned. I had been meaning to fill out the list for each language and learn it. That’s one of the things that I may have to either do very hastily or just abandon all together and rely on the stuff that I learn.
- I made some progress with the digital part of my trip, where I finally backed up my photos on my computer so I can feel safe deleting the photos on my phone and make room to upgrade to iOS 8 as well as for photos and videos on the trip. I also set up a bunch of clouds to hold my backup documents for emergencies. Let’s hope 1) I don’t need to access them, and 2) they would actually help when I need it.
(Stuff’s happening in a city that I’m familiar with, and what’s happening is somewhat similar to Ferguson as well as an event that happened 25 years ago. It’ll be interesting to see how it develops.)
(George Clooney got married in Venice. Would’ve been nice to be in the area.)