- Plenty of apps that tells you when the next bus is arriving for a certain route and stop, and sometimes tells you how long it takes to get to your destination
- Doesn’t include trips that requires transfers
- Hard to tell where the bus is exactly and if there will be a delay
- Existing apps tells you what “should” happen (how many minutes will the bus arrive, etc.)
- Include a function that lets you create “trips” which include multi-vehicle transfers
- You can create your trips by entering addresses (and from your Contacts), tapping on a map (a la Maps App), or by bus lines
- Include recommendations for a route based on traffic conditions at the time.
- Include information that tells you whether the bus is probably late
- Include information that tells you if this bus route is usually late on this day of the week at this time
- Include traffic accident information, include street closures for special events
- Include links to any info that has not been integrated to the app yet
- Include a crowd-sourcing feature that gathers real-time comments from riders commenting on any line (e.g. tweets complaining that a bus is late or explaining why it’s late)
- Include a map of all the buses running or the lines you selected.
- Include suggestions for places to go via public transportation
Goal of the App:
To improve upon existing apps by providing a more pain-free and a more fun user experience for getting the user from point A to point B.
These two features aim to achieve that goal:
- Provide an easy way to find the best route to get to a destination based on real time conditions, using as many vehicles as it takes.
- Provide information that suggests the punctuality of each bus/vehicle
Nice to haves (V2+):
- Crowdsourcing real time comments via tweets, other social media, or within the app’s data network
- Suggests places/landmark to go via public transportation