- Got my Chinese visa. So now I can legally do the entire trip.
- Bought a few more things for my trip, mainly for security of my stuff.
- Booked two more places I’m going to stay. Now I know where I will spend the first 16 nights, and 24 overall of my 45-day trip (I recounted: it’s 45 not 47 days), which is becoming more comforting.
- Booked another tour: zip lining near Cusco.
- Got some initial currencies for each country.
- Rushingly signed up for an account with a debit/ATM card that offers no foreign transaction fee nor ATM fees. Still need to finish the process.
- Started to test drive and practice living out of my luggage. Transformation isn’t complete yet, but it’s getting a little bothersome, partly because I have habits of using my regular stuff at home.
- Really need to book at least the majority of where I’m going to stay. That’ll make me feel much better about the state of my planning.
- Get that debit card.
- Get my emergency/contingency plan together.
- Tying up loose ends for things that I’ve booked (arranging pick-ups, etc.)
- Start prepping for “at home” tasks while I’m away (stop mail, pause subscriptions, etc.)
(Scotland is staying in the UK. After brief research, at least now I sort of understand the differences between England, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom. It still confuses me though when I look up the “country” in a drop-down list, I had to look three times with mix results.)