— Ivan W. Lam (@IvanWLam) September 3, 2014
15 11 15 21 8 13 23 12 1 8 18 19 4 13 3 14 23 26 26 11 8 19
- I’ve always loved num_ers.
- They _onsistently make the most sense to me and bring order to my life.
- I love how such a simple concept creates so many _ifferent properties (Primes, Pythagorean, Pascal, just to name a basic few).
- Numbers equ_lizes _nd democr_tizes society.
- The more one understands powers, the more power and opportunities they get in li_e.
- Numbers connect with nature and science, like chemistry and physics, a_ain, to name the very basic few.
- It’s practically a universal language, as in a language of t_e universe!
- So is g_om_try, which is pack_d with numb_rs and probably how I got int_r_st_d in graphic d_sign.
- I’m a _unkie of numbers, and I’ve got time, quantities, rankings, lists, etc. on my mind.
- I group life’s moments in bus arrival estimates, the lunch hour, tabatas, wee_ends, seasons, birthdays, Olympics, anniversaries, etc.
- I design with screen reso_utions, tab_e ce__s, pixe_s, dynamic spacing, etc.
- I _onitor weights, sets, reps, percentages, and averages, etc.
- I ask i_ my head, “How old will I be/was I whe_ they’re my age?” a_d “How old do I _eed to be to be twice, or thrice, or half, or a third of their age?
- I com_are gains and losses against inflation and tax rates.
- _t’s an As_an stereotype that _ fully l_ve up to.
- Similarly, I l_ve puzzles.
- They work my brain and make me feel _uite smart.
- I enjoy the jou_ney f_om total myste_y to “It all makes sense!”
- Puzzle_ are ju_t a form of problem-_olving.
- Being a UI/UX designer is an excellen_ example of _ha_.
- And life is all about problem-sol_ing.
- I naturally try to solve life’s problems _ith numbers as much as I can.
- I often s_spect that I might be a robot.
- At the same time, I know that some things e_ceeds what math and formulas are capable of.
- And _et I still tr_.
- I just have to find the balance between numbers and pu__les.
11, 14, 15.